Monday 14 February 2011

Valentine´s Day.

I´m not one of those who follows what megastores say, so I don´t show my love when Walmart says I have to. Having said that, I can understand Valentine´s Day may be important to many people. For this, I´ll dedicate my post to Romeo and Juliet, the perfect lovers.

One of my favorite composers is Sergei Prokofiev, and his ballet "Romeo and Juliet" is a work I really like. I have played it before, and I´ll be doing it again on February 24th, 25th. As you may know, the percussion parts a real challenge to every instrumentalist.

One of my favorite versions is the one DECCA recorded with Lorin Maazel conducting The Cleveland Orchestra. I strongly recommend it.

I also like the version by Valery Gerviev and the LSO. Here you have a couple of links I hope you enjoy:








Romeos, make your Juliets happy. Juliets, do so with your Romeos.

Enjoy Valentine´s Day.


…et in Arcadia ego.
© David Valdés

No comments:

Post a Comment