Wednesday 30 November 2011

Concert at The Vatican City.

As I wrote in my article "Tambourine technique IV", the tambourine part in "Capriccio Espagnol" had to be put into context. Now that I have the video of the concert featuring the Asturias Symphony Orchestra at Paul VI Audience Hall in the Vatican City (a concert that took place last November 26th), I can show you the final result.

On this video you can see the 1st Alborada, together with the end of Scena e Canto Gitano linking with the Fandango Asturiano, where I also play castanets:





As you can see, due to the "heat of the moment", the maestro takes a faster tempo than that on the rehearsals; even in this scenario I could play the tambourine the way I planned (not without some suffering, but it could be done).

For all of you who could not travel to Rome, tune the Vatican TV or TPA, I´m passing you a link for you to download the whole concert. It´s an historic ocassion, as it was the first time a Spanish orchestra played at The Vatican, being H.H. Benedict XVI in the audience.

You can download the concert HERE.


…et in Arcadia ego.
© David Valdés

No comments:

Post a Comment